Granite Financial has witnessed the benefits our clients and their children experience from participating in structured family meetings. Now more than ever, it’s critical that families discuss the financial plans currently in place, and that parents communicate their personal wishes about health care and future living arrangements. The goal of these meetings is to help relieve the anxiety surrounding eventual life transitions, and act as a resource for the entire family.
In particular, we work with families to help them make decisions about their finances and health care, including:
- What retirement strategy is recommended
- What role various family members will play
- Who will be the main person in charge of care
- Who will be the main person in charge of financial matters
- Who will the parent live with, if necessary, and when
- When would you want to go to an adult care facility and what triggers it
- Who has power of attorney and the health care proxy
- Whether a will or trust should be established*
- Who should be named the executor or trustee
- How will the executor communicate and involve others in decisions
One of our most satisfying roles is to be a sounding board for you. We will walk you through the various issues you may face, and help you communicate your decisions to your loved ones.
Granite Financial can assist you in developing your estate plan* and communicating your plans to your heirs. Contact our office today to set up a complimentary initial meeting.
* Granite Financial and its advisors do not provide legal advice but will coordinate with the appropriate Advanced Planning Specialist (i.e. Estate Planning Attorney, CPA, etc.)